Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Memories

Write about the good times (without bringing up the bad) of a past relationship that went wrong.

Wow!  This post is harder than most that have come before it. It's been 25 years since I've been in a relationship with anyone except King Charming.  It's hard to think back that far.

Mitch?  Well, it was sweet the way he met me at college every night just so we could drive together on the highway.  And the way he proposed was very sweet.  Too bad he ended up breaking up with me so he could date a friend of mine.

Richie?  What a sweet boy.  He was the perfect first boyfriend. He didn't push too hard but was very kind.  He was exactly what a young girl needed at the time.

Ron?  I would never have had the experience of working in a theater production if not for him.  And there were other good times too but that was destined to end.

Do I think about them still?  Occasionally.  It'd be nice to know that their lives ended up okay.  But that's as far as it goes.  I was very lucky to find my man early in my life.  I was all of 20.  Now there are some definite good times that we've shared.  Some bad times too.  But that's what sharing life is all about and I'm so glad to be sharing it with him.

Copyright © 2011 Denise Duggan

2 comments:

  1. ty. A great answer to my prompt. I'm glad that you can at least remember that there were good times. The point of it was "It's Okay to Remember", which is a song I have the lyrics to in my Writing.com port that I wrote. There are so many "done me wrong" songs and "I'm having a hard time getting over it" songs. I thought that one after all that was appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think time will be the deciding factor in how people remember past relationships. It's been 25+ years since any of these for me so I look back and remember the good times. It wasn't so for a long time after the relationship ended.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.